Friday, April 8, 2011

Inspirational Friday - Japan Relief

If you had not heard about it yet, roughly 24 hours ago a particularly powerful aftershock with the magnitude of 7.1 shook the coast of Japan again. Although death toll was at a minimum, several buildings collapsed, further hurting the already fragile country. Japan needs us more than ever now.

So today's Inspirational Friday post I will be featuring items on Etsy that will have portion or all of the proceeds going to Japan's Earthquake Relief Fund.


And perhaps the most inspiring (at the same time really sad) act of all, the most memorable item that had been sold to raise funds for Japan, is Akira Yamaoka's guitar that he used to compose -all- of the Silent Hill songs. It fetched for a whopping $4450! A small price for a piece of gaming history. I love the Silent Hill series, and Akira Yamaoka is my idol. It's kind of sad to see it go, as this cements the fact that Akira will no longer compose anymore music for the Silent Hill series. :(

Please do not forget that I am doing my part to help as well. This little bracelet is still up for sale in my shop! 100% of the proceeds will be going to Global Giving.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely collection! Last month I gave 70% of all etsy sales to Japan relief efforts. During April I'll be donating 20% of all sales. I'm glad so many shops are trying to help out!!

Post a Comment