Sunday, April 15, 2012

Whimsy and Spice Review


I had the delight to sample some of Whimsy and Spice's marshmallows lately, all thanks to Huey from Nottypooch and her lovely aunt that just got back from US! We got two sample packs with 6 flavors - Rose Vanilla, Chocolate, Cardamom, Espresso, Maple and Caramel.


It's pretty fantastic! It's not as sweet as commercial marshmallows, and the flavor is mild and pleasing. My favorite is surprisingly the maple marshmallow! With the espresso comes in a close second. Huey didn't really liked the espresso one, saying it tasted weird. I do agree that it had a unique taste, but it does reminds me of American coffee that I had in US. :)


I was a wee bit disappointed that the caramel marshmallow doesn't really tasted like caramel. I was having Starbuck's caramel frappucino when I tried that one and it just didn't really hit the mark. Still tasty though!


I must admit that I already have a bias to Huey's chocolate marshmallows, and though the chocolate marshmallow from Whimsy and Spice is tasty too, it's not as chocolatey as Huey's chocolate marshmallows. :)


I've always been curious about cardamom, how it taste and smell like. Now I had concluded that... it tastes weird, it's like some sort of exotic Indian spice. Not one of my favorites, that's for certain. Rose Vanilla was actually Huey's pick, and I'm not a huge fan of the smell and taste of roses hahaha. So suffice to say, it's not one of my favorites. But people that love roses would probably love it. :)

One more thing to add though, I find that the marshmallows tasted weird after it had been melted. Maybe because it's not 'fresh' anymore as it had to travel half a globe to reach us. It could be just me, but I prefer eating them as is. Their marshmallows are pretty chewy and keeps their cube form surprisingly well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment